a perl extension for managing scheduled tasks in Win32
Project home page
This extension enables perl scripts to access items in the Scheduled
It is known to compile and work with ActiveState Perl 5.6.
The examples section has opened! Download some examples here!
Note to users complaining about the fact it's hard to use:
The API documentation is on Microsoft web site, I have tried to stick to it as close as possible. Please read the API before complaining that a feature is broken or not implemented.
Install for ActiveState Perl 5.6
Go to the download section or, if you prefer
ppm, at the command prompt type:
|ppm install Win32-TaskScheduler --location=http://taskscheduler.sourceforge.net/perl/
Install for ActiveState Perl 5.8
At the command prompt type:
|ppm install http://taskscheduler.sourceforge.net/perl58/Win32-TaskScheduler.ppd
- 16/1/2004: The examples section has opened! Download some examples here!
- 16/1/2004: Thanks to Andres Hartmann for providing a patch that allows you to schedule jobs as the System account. The fix is available in version 2.0.3.
- 21/5/2003: note to Visual Studio.NET users: you cannot use Visual C++ .NET to compile this extension, instead use Visual C++ 6.
- 6/12/2002: thanks to Mark Seger for pointing out that I forgot to implement Set/GetMaxRunTime. The problem is solved in release 2.0.2.
- 6/5/2002: thanks to Raghavendra Kumar for catching yet another bug.
When scheduling events with a MONTHLYDATE structure there is typo
that causes the days and months to be swapped. A quick and dirty workaround is
to swap the values in you script too. I'll release a
bugfix in the next days.
- 12/2/2002: just published version 2.0.0. There are no new methods,
but an object oriented approach. Unfortunately this breaks backward
compatibility. See documentation for more. This should be the latest release,
since I have done all I had planned to do. From now I'll be only doing
mantainance, unless I (or you) come up with something else.
- 11/12/2001: thanks to Steven Manross for catching a couple of bugs.
In some of the Set* methods I uncorrectly deallocated memory, causing
the values not to be applied to the task (sorry, but I am quite new
to Win32 Programming). To solve the problem I published version 0.9.1.1.
- 13/12/2001: I noticed that different versions of Explorer
between client and servers might affect the ability to remotely create
scheduled tasks. I suggest that if you get errors you should upgrade to the
latest version of IE. In my case it happened that with IE 5.0 I could not
create tasks on servers until I upgraded to 6.